Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Hitchcock-esque

When I got home from work yesterday, my streets were filled with crinkly orange leaves and the wind was beyond a doubt eerie... and it directly inspired me to clean up my studio and then work on some seasonally influenced pieces!

I would have to put Alfred in my top 5 favorite filmmakers of all time. Some of my favorites of his films include The Man Who Knew Too Much, Vertigo, and The Trouble With Harry. Fortunately, you can catch dozens of "Hitchcock Presents" shorts on Hulu. (I highly recommend!)

I've added 2 new Hitchcock-esque pieces to my etsy shop and I currently have them as my featured items, along with my favorite Tippie Hedron Necklace. I'm wearing the Brooch today!


________________________________________

Hitchcock Bronze Brooch - $20





________________________________________

Hitchcock SIlver Ray Necklace - $20






As if the leaves and the wind weren't reason enough to believe that it is October, while walking to my car this morning, there were Ravens visible from every angle. They're such fascinating creatures. These two were preening each other on the telephone wire directly above my duplex.
Happy October!

3 comments:

elsie said...

I LOVE AH!! Those pieces are PERFECT!! who take your pictures - they're always to pretty!

Anonymous said...

I love the brooch, so fun!

P.S. I hope you'll have a I Want to Wear my Bicycle Bracelet at the holiday show! I want one :D

Melissa Loschy said...

Elsiee,
Thank you! I'm actually the one who takes the photos! :) I have a remote control for my camera and I set it on a tripod. It's my little secret!
DearBeatrice: I will definitely have plenty of bicycle themed jewelry at the show!