Sunday, December 28, 2008

Christmas Spirit


Beautiful days while working in the gallery inspire me to re-organize.
The fact that I just bought the new Blackberry Bold and am waiting for my Canon EOS Rebel XSI in the mail helps give anyone a new temporary outlook on life as well.
Because I put forth more effort than ever in the last year to work on my crafting (and I've been more successful this past year than ever before) I've decided that if I am going to give in to this new years resolution craze, I'm going to pick something and really stick with it. I am going to work 3 times as hard on my entrepreneurial skills in 2009. I'm reading a book, "Craft Inc.: Turn Your Creative Hobby into a Business." So, that means that in a few years, I hope to be able to make a living from making stuff.
Things to look out for: 
I have an amazing printer (Epson 1400) that I haven't been using to its full advantage. Friends have asked about buying my art, but unfortunately I grow attached to pieces and the price I charge is out of even my price-range. (I do this so I can hoard it forever!) Fortunately, buying and making prints is an easy solution. I will be listing prints that range in price from $5-$30 on my etsy site very shortly. Some will be small and come as is, while others will be either mounted or framed in vintage frames. I will offer reproductions of my illustrations, as well as photographs of my 3D collages.

No comments: