Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Rocktober

Things have been busy at Loschy Studios! I had a great time vending at the LA Roller Derby on Saturday Night. My man and a bunch of his friends attended for the first time, and I think it's safe to say they are derby fans now. It's definitely my favorite sport to watch live. I was surprised to sell some of my larger, statement animal jewelry, overall it was a success!

On Sunday, my mom came along with me (and a very patient BF, THANKS KEVIN!) to the Aura Fashion Gallery's Grand Opening in Newport Beach. They had a dj set-up and free sofia champagne in a can. LOVE those! It was really exciting to see my jewelry as part of visual merchandising in the store. My mom took plenty of photos, of course. Typical mom thing, but I'd regret not having any photos later.



Perhaps the thing I'm MOST thrilled about is all of the vintage and broken jewelry lot's I purchased on Etsy. I never knew there were so many destash mixed piece lots in the supply section! I purchased 4 and had to stop myself from buying a bunch more. I'm aware that I won't be able to use nearly half of the pieces, but the lots are so inexpensive that it makes it worth while.




1 comment:

elsie said...

I'm not surprised that your big animal pieces sold they are AMAZING! Can't wait to see what you do with your new treasure stash!!