Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Come on Summer!

I know it is only the beginning of Spring, but I have been feeling the brink of summer all over for the past couple of weeks. The spirit in Costa Mesa is different, there are more cars piled up at the end of the 55 freeway and everyone seems to be pulling their bikes out of storage. The OC Fair promotion has begun! I have decided to enter some photography this year! It's fun to be involved in the competition and you also get free tickets! There's prizes too, last year I won a red ribbon and $50.

I visited The Hive boutique last week and took some pictures of my scarves in action!


This is the front window of The Hive. To say I was excited to see something I made in the front window of a store on a mannequin would be some what of an understatement!





These are my latest creations: ribbon brooches. (With The Fair in mind.) If you can't enter anything into the fair, or if you don't win anything, wear one of these! They're way cooler. I'll start listing them on etsy soon.





These ones are my favorite. I used the plaid fabric from my "Thorns have Roses" collage scarf.


No comments: