Tuesday, March 22, 2011

NY+DC

Just got back from an epic trip with my HS friend Megan....

Flew into NY, stayed with Brit's fiance Mike in Park Slope. Walked the Brooklyn Bridge
-


They say the Empire State Bldg is not all it's cracked up to be.
I dunno, I that it was pretty much ALL it's cracked up to be, incredible
-


Free Ferry to Staten Island was a major Highlight
-


Visited Wall Street, thought we were in an amusement park
-


Explored where our Commander in Chief does his business.
(well, not that business)
-


When in DC, eat like the Russians do. I want to move in to Russia House
-



Hands down, the best way to see all the monuments and
a major highlight of the trip
-


After a close call with the Shuttlebus to IAD, drinks weren't even a question.
The shots were a no-brainer at $3 each
-


SPECIAL THANKS

Thank you to Mike Cadoux, for your hospitality, even minus your other half (Brit, who was busy being amazing and exploring the Chilean Coast) who gave us a comfy place to stay while taking over Manhattan. And also for your food recommendations. Everyone must eat at Rubirosa at least once in their life.
-
Thank you to Mitchell who forced free drinks into our hands and made sure that Megan and I had at least 1 night of not sleeping in the city that never does either.
-
To the iTrans NYC app on my iphone, which helped me to navigate the subways with ease and make me look like I actually know where to go
-
To Jojo who is BAD to the ASS. Girl works for the Whitehouse, and is so good at what she does. I'm so proud of this gal, so freaking accomplished and only 26. I want to be like her some day.
-
To Jojo, who only a week after shoveling some of her family members around town, happily took us to literally every single place she took all of them to. She is DC's best tour guide. And she's also one of those really great friends. She made us pancakes with strawberries and eggs. And Coffee, and guacamole. And she brought us to cool bars and restaurants. I could go on and on. THANK YOU JOJO, you "blow my mind."
-
Finally, thank you to Megan. You were a pure delight to travel with. Couldn't have picked a more chill individual to site-see ourselves into exhaustion which will surely last for the rest of the week. You're a real woman now! haha

1 comment:

Joanna said...

What a great recap! I want to go on this trip! (And you two are so very welcome... I had so much fun!)