Friday, March 20, 2009

Yes, I am in a craft club

Probably one of the things I look forward to each month is my craft club meetup at the Craft Kitchen in Santa Ana (Run by the girl who co-organizes the Patchwork show, Nicole). It's just a bunch of young crafty ladies  who get together and drink beer and wine, eat tons of baked goods and cheese and crackers, and work on projects while talking about how most of our friends aren't as obsessed with making things as we are. It is wonderful. 
I baked cookies for everyone, including my short-lived bosses at Logan Ad Group who were amazing and I will miss them.
They are SO easy to make! just simple sugar cookies with colored buttercream frosting and the petals are very simple: buy the big marshmallows and use kitchen scissors to cut thin petals from one end to the other, like slicing a jelly roll. The petal shape is created by the blades. Everyone is impressed by these little cookies even though they are so easy to make!




No comments: